In my twenty-two years of life, I have yet to come across many better ways to blow a whole paycheck than by online shopping. Sometimes it begins out of boredom, or I just obviously need a new dress to wear to a party, or ASOS just happened to be having a 70%-off sale … (are they ever not having a 70%-off sale?). REGARDLESS, once it starts, there’s no stopping it. And, because I know I’m not the only one hooked on spending copious amounts of money on heels, bags, and my newest obsession with bodycon dresses, we here at BTAC thought it was only necessary to provide our amazing readers with a solid selection of the best online clothing retailers. Enjoy.
1. Nasty Gal – I am always preaching about Nasty Gal because I have been hooked on this bad-ass brand since my best friend introduced me to them almost two years ago. I think Sophia Amoruso is a genius and an amazing role model for women, and I actually feel good about supporting them. Pricing-wise, they’re certainly not Forever 21, but when I know they’re having a sale I’m all over it. If you haven't been on Nasty Gal, please check them out now because your life and your wardrobe are truly about to change.
2. Missguided – Who doesn’t love free shipping?! I mean, let’s be real, free shipping is a major perk when online shopping, so I have a lot of love for sites that offer this. Misguided is a new favorite site of mine because they definitely give off the same rebel-chic vibe as Nasty Gal, but their prices are a little lower (not for everything though) and they have a great blog that gives awesome tips and advice for achieving your best look. If you love ASOS and Nasty Gal you’re going to definitely love Misguided!
3. Necessary Clothing – Having just launched online in 2011, Necessary Clothing has already gained thousands of fans and followers and has opened up four NYC shops. So, if you like affordable, trendy clothing, shoes, accessories, EVERYTHING, than you can either check out Necessary online or if you live in NYC stop by any of their boutiques. If you happen to buy something, take a pic of yourself rocking your new outfit and post it to instagram using the hashtag #necessary to be featured on their website!
4. Sheinside – This site only recently popped up on my radar, but boy I wish it did sooner. It definitely reminds me a lot of ASOS, so much so that they also offer free worldwide shipping (EEEK!!). They have tons of amazing sales, daily giveaways, and a fashion-blogger program which is something anyone with a fashion blog who likes free clothing should absolutely look into. One thing I really love about Sheinside is that when you’re checking out a piece of clothing, you’re able to see what that item looks like on other people (in all shapes and sizes) so it gives you a better idea of how it’s going to look on you.
5. Choies – If you’re really into street style, and using fashion as a great mean of self expression, than you’re already on board with what Choies as a fashion retailer aims to do. On their site they offer a daily feed of new items, and they cater to both men and women.
6. Oasap – I love my best friends, but they seriously put my wallet in immediate danger when they get me addicted to websites such as this one. Not only does this site have amazing, high-end street fashion, but they offer free shipping and an unconditional 30-day return policy, score. Another cool thing about Oasap is that all of their products are produced by formal factories which make sure that the workers are being treated fairly. Quick tip: definitely check out their selection of shoes.
7. Avenue 32 – If you’re all about labels and high fashion, than you’re going to drool over Avenue 32’s selection of clothing, accessories, shoes, etc., all crafted by internationally established designers. Their ‘What’s New’ feed is updated every Tuesday and Friday so you can always expect to be shopping their newest, freshest stuff.
8. HauteLook – There are few things better than getting designer clothes for not-so-designer prices. They update their feed of deals daily, and they don’t last forever – each deal is usually on their site for three days, and items sell out quick so you have to act fast to get what you want in the size that you want. But, that really is the fun of it and if you’re on your HauteLook game you can score some amazing items for an amazing price.
9. Showpo – I’m a big fan of Australia and this adorable Australian site has a great selection of clothes and shoes with weekly sales on new items. They’re also a charitable site, this March they’ll be throwing an “Endless Summer Party” which will donate all profits to Project Futures – a non-profit based in Sydney Australia which helps raise awareness and funds to combat human trafficking and sexual exploitation in Australia and South Asia. They also have tons of other ways to aid Future Project during the rest of the year as well.
10. ModCloth – Modcloth certainly isn’t a new online retailer, they’ve been around since 2000, but I definitely felt like they needed some recognition on this list because they have such an original, retro feel and they’ve always held to that. Their prices are beyond reasonable and I just love how unique almost everything they have on their site is.
These are some of my favorite sites, but make sure to comment below if I missed any of yours!